The AIDS movement was built on a willingness to step out of our comfort zone and engage in direct action and non-violent civil disobedience. Our collective ability to bring policy smarts to the table and to keep up the pressure outside in media savvy ways has and should always remain one our strengths. To that end, Health GAP is committed to having ongoing civil disobedience trainings!
- How to plan a strategic civil disobedience
- How to get media attention
- What to wear to jail, what to eat in and out of jail, what to expect when you are inside
- Some basic laws that you might find yourself being charged with breaking and ones that might help you get out of jail!
- How to do legal support for people getting arrested
- A brief overview of the powerful history of nonviolent civil disobedience and what it has won.
81 Christopher St
New York, NY 10014
Google map and directions